Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Blast from the Past

So I am now in the third week of my spring semester, sophomore year. Toword the end of last semester, I didn't have a bit of extra time to organize and post my work, so this update includes animations I completed last semester, as well as in the first to weeks of this semester!

Traditional Animation

One thing I havent posted very much of here (infact I don't think I have posted any of), is my work in traditional, or hand drawn animation. Here, at Ringling, every animator starts with a foundation in 2D animation, to learn the basic principles that carry over to the computer work. Most of the early stuff isnt too terribly interesting, or sometimes not very good on my part, so I just have a few of the final projects to share.

Pantomime

This assignment had us design a character, then have them enter from offscreen to interact with some object or part of the environment. They then had to show a change in emotion, and react. I'm fairly happy with it, but they ending gets a bit choppy because I was quite rushed, as it always seems with animation.

(video not uploaded yet, will update ASAP)

Dance Collaboration

This was the firsst and only project, where as a class we all worked on a common assignment. I was a lot of fun, and was the grand finale to our education in traditional media. You'll recognize the third character that comes onto screen as the one I personally animated. The others were each done by a talented member of my class.



Simple Polygon Character

The Simple Poly project was our introduction to a jointed-leg ring. We designed and build these character to use for 3 final exercises to close out the semester in Computer Animation. I have chosen to show them in the reverse order in which they were completed. They were turned in without doing a final render, in what we call playblast format. We only have a week for each animation, so rendering was left no time. However, I have gone back and rendered the last animation, the jump, so that you can see all the work I put in to textureing and lighting my character. Here are some still shots of him, then a reel with all three animations.






So that was it for last semester, I'll soon be posting work from this semester in about a week or two, so chack back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment